I hope you are doing well. I really had nothing big to share since last January, hence the lack of updates. But things have changed recently:
1) I have moved back to NY 2 week ago. And yes, I had to do another 2-week quarantine outside of France to enter the US which, at this point, is just a nice vacation really. At least, the travel ban is now ending in November.
2) I was able to join the Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) thanks to their Open Access program + the fact that they now accept visa holders. I am excited to now have the opportunity to one day play French people on and off Broadway ;)
3) I am looking for a long-term room to rent in NYC (or, hey, an apartment?). If any of you know of a great deal, or know someone who might, I am all ears. It would be starting Nov. 1, and the date is flexible.
4) I did not (yet) get my Green Card even after winning the lottery, and I might not. Briefly: there was a deadline after which you would lose your chance to get one + the embassies were closed and were not delivering visas for a long time due to Covid, BUT 25,000 of us sued the US DoS and won, HOWEVER the judge is only preserving a third of the Green Cards. To sum up: fun times. Looking forward to Season 2!
5) Which mean: I will most probably have to renew my Visa a 4th time for safety in the upcoming months. I will once again need the help of some of you, and might reach out soon enough about this specific subject.
That’s for me, still holding on to wanting to live in the US for some unconscious and probably valid reason!
How about you? How has everything been with you?